The location of this year’s TDOR has changed; a march is now taking place before the vigil/memorial. Please see details below.
Organized and taking place on unceded Coast Salish territory, traditional lands of the Squamish, Tsleil-Waututh, & Musqueam indigenous nations.
DATE: Friday, November 20, 2015
TIME: 6:00pm – 9:30pm
- March/rally – Gather at the Vancouver Art Gallery (Robson St. side); 6:00pm, leave at 6:15pm (approximately)
Symbolic: this is where the first TDOR in Canada took place in 2001 (14 years ago.) Marching eastward down Robson St. to Seymour St., heading north to 515 W Hastings St.
- Vigil/memorial – 515 W Hastings St., SFU Harbour Centre, Room 1700 (there will be greeters directing those in need.); 7:00pm approximate start time
– itinerary to be announced
– the gathering location (Vancouver Art Gallery) for the march/rally is ground level (outside)
– the vigil/memorial space (SFU Harbor Centre) has a wheelchair accessible main entrance, has wheelchair accessible washrooms, the theatre room itself is wheelchair accessible, except for the steps to sit in the tiered row seating
– there is a single-stall wheelchair accessible washroom that will be marked gender-inclusive and two gendered washrooms — all of which are down the hall from our room
– this is an ASL interpreted event
– this space will be scent-reduced, please refrain from wearing perfumes and scents; candles will be lit in the space
for the march/rally:
– we have 2 fair sized trans and gender variant flags (courtesy of Trans March) that need people to hold and walk with; we will also have signs for those needing one. please bring/make your own if you can
– candles will also be provided; bring your own if you can
– dress for the weather
– if you cannot make it for the march/rally, you can meet us at SFU Harbour Centre (greeters will be present before the march arrives)
Who we are memorializing:
What is TDOR?
To organize with us, volunteer, donate, or ask questions including accessibility requests (media also) please email: email@example.com
Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/775188259258829/
We would like to thank the following organizations for their contributions that helped make this event happen:
PACE Society, Vancouver Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence (SPI), Trans March, Vancouver Dyke March (VDM), Out on Campus (OOC), Vancouver Pride Society, Simon Fraser Public Interest Research Group (SFPIRG) & The Odyssey.