The location of this year’s TDOR has changed; a march is now taking place before the vigil/memorial. Please see details below.
Organized and taking place on unceded Coast Salish territory, traditional lands of the Squamish, Tsleil-Waututh, & Musqueam indigenous nations.
DATE: Friday, November 20, 2015
TIME: 6:00pm – 9:30pm
- March/rally – Gather at the Vancouver Art Gallery (Robson St. side); 6:00pm, leave at 6:15pm (approximately)
Symbolic: this is where the first TDOR in Canada took place in 2001 (14 years ago.) Marching eastward down Robson St. to Seymour St., heading north to 515 W Hastings St.
- Vigil/memorial – 515 W Hastings St., SFU Harbour Centre, Room 1700 (there will be greeters directing those in need.); 7:00pm approximate start time
– itinerary to be announced
– the gathering location (Vancouver Art Gallery) for the march/rally is ground level (outside)
– the vigil/memorial space (SFU Harbor Centre) has a wheelchair accessible main entrance, has wheelchair accessible washrooms, the theatre room itself is wheelchair accessible, except for the steps to sit in the tiered row seating
– there is a single-stall wheelchair accessible washroom that will be marked gender-inclusive and two gendered washrooms — all of which are down the hall from our room
– this is an ASL interpreted event
– this space will be scent-reduced, please refrain from wearing perfumes and scents; candles will be lit in the space
for the march/rally:
– we have 2 fair sized trans and gender variant flags (courtesy of Trans March) that need people to hold and walk with; we will also have signs for those needing one. please bring/make your own if you can
– candles will also be provided; bring your own if you can
– dress for the weather
– if you cannot make it for the march/rally, you can meet us at SFU Harbour Centre (greeters will be present before the march arrives)
To organize with us, volunteer, donate, or ask questions including accessibility requests (media also) please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/775188259258829/
We would like to thank the following organizations for their contributions that helped make this event happen:
PACE Society, Vancouver Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence (SPI), Trans March, Vancouver Dyke March (VDM), Out on Campus (OOC), Vancouver Pride Society, Simon Fraser Public Interest Research Group (SFPIRG) & The Odyssey.